- What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small files placed or read on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.), e.g. when you visit a website or install a mobile application.
The registration of these cookies on your device and their reading are subject to your prior consent, with some exceptions (functional technical cookies without which the website would not work). When you visit the Website for the first time, an information banner is displayed on the page you are visiting to inform you (i) of the existence of cookies and their purposes and (ii) that, by continuing your browsing, you accept the placement of cookies on your device by us and by third parties. This banner also gives you direct access to this cookie information notice, which offers you the option of accepting or rejecting the cookies, depending on their category.
In accordance with the recommendations of the CNIL, cookies have a useful lifespan limited to 13 months.
- What are the categories of cookies placed on the Website?
Different cookies are used on the website; they can be divided into the categories listed below:
- Functional technical cookies: these cookies are required for the proper functioning and use of the Website. They are used to provide you with an optimal browsing experience, ensuring fluidity in the display of your web pages and saving your identifiers and language preferences.
- Performance cookies: these cookies enable us to establish statistics relating to the frequency of use of the Website, determining, for example, the number of visits to the Website and the most and least visited pages, evaluating users’ browsing on the Website and identifying any potential malfunctions. Thus they enable us to constantly improve the Website.
These different categories of cookies may be issued by third-party companies (third-party cookies). For additional information on how they issue and use these third-party cookies, we refer you to their privacy policies (see below).
There are several options allowing you to accept or decline the installation of cookies on your device. However, it is important for you to know that if you block certain types of cookies, your browsing experience on the Website may be adversely affected. For example, if you block functional technical cookies, you may no longer have access to certain parts of the Website or certain services.
HAMELIN, in accordance with its undertakings with regard to personal data protection, informs you of the option of configuring the cookies in accordance with their categories.
- Case-by-case Cookie Management
- Cookie Management via your Internet Browser
The settings of your browser allow you, simply and free of charge, to choose whether to accept the registration of cookies on your device at any time:
We hope we have provided you with all the information you require to understand what cookies are.