- Creativity: This is the Canson® core value. In response to the various needs of artists, Canson® has designed a very wide range of papers suited to all forms of artistic expression.
- Quality: Canson® is constantly looking for ways of achieving optimal quality, which explains the high standards it sets. Regular innovation to offer new products and technical excellence in manufacturing ensure that each of Canson's 3,000 catalogue items delivers top quality, using the purest material and traditional techniques.
- Trust: Through creativity and quality the brand has gained the trust of artists and the general public. This explains its lasting success and why professionals continue to recommend its products.
- Proximity: Ever since it started Canson® has maintained close link with its customers – young and old, amateurs and professionals – staying in tune with their demands. With its large sheets packs Canson has helped French schoolchildren and their art teachers for several decades.
Innovation is now and has always been at the heart the company. The Montgolfier brothers invented the first hot-air balloon in 1782. But first and foremost, they were paper manufacturers. Over the centuries, the company created numerous manufacturing processes such as the Hollander beater to tear up rag, pulp dying to obtain uniform coloured paper, etc. They also innovated with vellum paper, then tracing paper in 1809. In 1865, Canson obtained a patent for a photo paper which simplified printing operations. Canson® continues to offer products in keeping with consumer expectations: school pack, technical drawing paper, fine art printing paper, papers for digital art printing and photos, etc.
In 1926, Canson sets up a subsidiary in New York. This was the beginning of extensive internationalisation. Canson is now present in over 150 countries across the world and is the world's leading producer of Fine Art paper.
- Canson®: for over 450 years, Canson has been inspiring artists worldwide, as conveyed by the brand's strapline "Inspirational Papers since 1557".
The greatest museums are its most prestigious showcase.
Canson, the world leader in fine art paper, makes papers for drawing, pastel, watercolour, oil painting, acrylic, graphic arts, printmaking, digital art & photography, etc.
- Arches®: Since 1492, Arches® has stood for professional quality for artists. Its pure cotton products, mould-made in the traditional way, have a natural grain which resembles that of hand-made paper. This process also produces a more stable paper, whose form is not significantly altered when wet, because of the excellent distribution of its long cotton fibres. Arches® Watercolor papers also boast unique sizing using natural gelatin, giving the paper incomparable resistance to scratching and exceptional rendering of colours.